Trusted Bradenton Personal Injury Attorney Ready To Serve You
Bradenton, Florida, is, quite frankly, one of the best places to live in the United States. From the Braden Castle Park Historic District to the Village of the Arts (not to mention the beaches), we can't get enough of it. Once you suffer a serious injury, however, none of that matters anymore. If someone else caused the injury, you are entitled to full compensation.
The Florida personal injury civil compensation system is a wonder to behold, despite its flaws. It is designed to protect people like you from having to suffer financially due to someone else's misconduct. It doesn't turn its own crank, however. You have to turn it yourself or hire a professional to turn it for you – and that is where Holland Law can help.
In Personal Injury Cases, Nice Guys Really Do Finish Last
At Holland Law, our Bradenton personal injury lawyers are not unnecessarily abrasive but we are not “nice”, either – except to our clients. Instead, we stand firm and fight for your right to be compensated for your losses. These losses are not limited to medical bills and lost wages; your pain and suffering matters, too. We will find out how much your claim is worth, and we won't let anyone take advantage of you.
Our Client Says...
“Outstanding and professional service from this law firm. I would highly recommend. Thank you for such great handling of everything.” – Gene
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI)?
MMI is the point in your recovery at which the doctors have done just about all they can do for you – you're not going to get much better. It may mean you have completely recovered your health, or you may be left permanently disabled. It can be difficult to calculate damages until you reach MMI.
Why shouldn't I just settle out of court and get it over with?
That is a good idea if you can negotiate it. In fact, most of our clients end up with negotiated settlements. The problem is that negotiating with an insurance company is like pitting a lamb against wolves, unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Can I sue a ride-sharing company for an accident caused by one of its drivers?
Not unless you can prove that the company itself was negligent. Under Florida law, drivers for ride-sharing companies are considered independent contractors, not employees. While an employer is liable for the negligent acts of its employees, drivers for ride-sharing companies like Uber are considered independent contractors, not employees.
Can I recover damages for my injuries, even if the accident was partly my fault?
Possibly. Florida is a pure comparative negligence state. This means that your damages will be reduced in proportion to your fault. Theoretically, you could win one percent of your damages, even if you were 99 percent at fault. The other driver would face the same scenario. It works like this:
- If you were 25 percent at fault, for example, you would be entitled to only 75 percent of your damages and you would have to pay 25 percent of the other driver's damages.
- If you were 90 percent at fault, you would be entitled to 10 percent of your damages but you would have to pay the other driver 90 percent of his damages. In this case, it is likely that you would end up with a net loss.
We Don't Bill You Unless We Win
You needn't worry that you cannot afford legal representation, because we don't charge our clients unless we win –- either at the settlement table (most of the time) or in court. You won't owe us any money until the defendant has already paid. In a sense, you could say that it is the defendant who pays your legal fees, not you.
Don't Let the Glue of Circumstance Harden Underneath Your Feet
In your injured condition, dealing with a personal injury claim may be the last thing you feel up for. We understand that, and we are committed to making the process as stress-free as possible for you while leaving all major case decisions (such as whether to accept a settlement offer) to you.
Take action today, and we will be watching your back from here on out. Contact Holland Law Group today by calling 941-306-3601 or filling out our online case evaluation form to speak with experienced Bradenton personal injury attorneys.